Saturday, May 27, 2006

So I Went to the Doctor...


and I left her office in tears. I was so overwhelmed with what she told me. She said that I had full blown diabetes. My glucose was 233! It's supposed to be between 65-99. It was like I was watching a movie of the week or something. I just sat there and stared at her. This is not what this office visit was for. I went so I could get the appetite suppressant Appedex, but it's not gonna happen. I have had trouble losing weight ever since I had Michael 4 years ago. I mean to tell you that nothing worked, so I decided to go the route of many of my friends and get some diet pills. In order to get them I had to have blood work done first. I've gotta tell you that after thinking about this I'm not all that surprised. I had gestational diabetes with Brittany (which was over 17 years ago) and again with Michael. I was untreated with Britt which resulted in a very difficult delivery and Brittany weighing in at over 10 pounds!! Michael was taken 2 1/2 weeks early and he still weighed 8 pounds! I have had signs too. I've been experiencing terrible lows of energy during my day where I felt dizzy, and definately faint. Gregory says I've been extra crabby for a long time (but what does he know?) Of course my mother says it's a blessing because I will be forced to take care of myself now ( she gets on my nerves always being right about stuff!). So, I must follow a strict diet, take my insulin, check my blood levels twice a day, and exercise. Hey, maybe this is gonna be alright after all. I'll keep you posted! Get to the doctor and take care of you! Here is a card I made for Scrappin' With Grace. Hugs and Be blessed!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robyn...sorry to hear about your not so good news from your doctor...but know that you can control your diabetes, by following a good diet and exercise! Try to educate yourself on as much as you can about this disease. The more you know, the more informed choices you can make...and hopefully make a visit to a nutrionist. Wishing you well and praying for brighter days for you.

kimber said...

Oh Robyn!!! (((HUGS))) to you my dear friend!! I am so sorry to hear about your news from the doctor. Isn't it annoying when our mother's are always right about stuff??? ;) I know you have the strength and the will to take care of yourself and conquer this. If there is anything I can do to help - you know where to find me!!

Amy W. said...

Robyn, i hope that you find a smooth path in dealing with this health issue. i know your strong enough to over come this 'road block' and i continue to STRONGLY believe that things happen for a reason. {hugs to good health} hey, i'm going to visit my doctor soon. ;> Luv & hugs!

Michelle W. said...

OMG sweetie! I'm sorry to hear about this! It's great that you found out and going to control it right now! Hugs!!! You're in my thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Robyn, so sorry about the health news. You take care of yourself and everything will be fine.

Unknown said...

The card is beautiful. {{{HUGS}}} about the diagnosis. But, like you said, this may be a blessing (of sorts) in disquise. Unfortunately, it would probably take something like this for me to deal with myself...and don't you just hate it when Mom's are always right?! ;) You're a strong woman and I know you can handle this.

Tiffany said...

Sorry to hear about the Dr visit, I am sure you will fight this battle head on, take care.

Sandi Minchuk said...

Robyn,
I'm so sorry to hear this. ((HUGS)) I know you'll be just fine, my dear, because you have such a bright future ahead. Take care of yourself for me, ok?

Anonymous said...

I have many family members with diabetes. I'm sorry to hear that you have it too. Please take care.

this is my first visit to your blog. I just joined this ring and I love your work!